gurmukh
post Nov 27 2012, 11:58 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Newly Born
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,829

Hello all,

This is my first post as I just found out about this website. I would love to see what you guys think about my latest piece. It is a personal concept of a imagined Indian Mosque. I used a lot of reference in designing the architectural details, geometrical shapes, patterns and materials. Designed and modeled in Maya and Rhino, rendered with Mental Ray and finished in Photoshop.

Thanks for taking a look.

You can see more of my personal works at www.gurmukhbhasin.com if you like.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
   Smiling Demon
post Nov 28 2012, 11:45 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Co-Founder / Community Development
Group: Lum Administration
Member No.: 6

This is really good stuff, the modelling is great. Your use of a wide angle "camera" does distort things in an odd way admittedly, and the anti-aliasing is a bit "urgh" for lack of a better phrase in places, but yeah the modeling itself is really good, lots of great details.

Had a wee look at your website, pretty much the same story there, some fantastic modeling. Really like the one at the bottom of your Mechs page. Keep it up.

www.alastairtemple.co.uk

Chaz says:
vera got into a relationship with v4. He's hitting her.
My goat left me.
SD isn't scottish anymore but dutch.
Tobi said **** you against jeff, now is jeff angry.
Cees is just being cees.
Goldenx isn't in lum

+Quote Post
   Kaioshen
post Nov 28 2012, 06:54 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Master of cake
Group: ś Senior Artist
Member No.: 131

Yeah, your renders could use a bit more sampling with aliasing and shadows. Overall your modeling work is great, you just need to figure out how to correct the quality of your renders to match it. Also, read up on lighting (in addition to how to render with more samples), it would really add another level to your work.

+Quote Post
   gurmukh
post Nov 28 2012, 08:59 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Newly Born

Thank you both so much for your feedback. I definitely need to work on my lighting and rendering. I usually just use the physical sun and sky with default settings. I will look into rendering with more samples, advanced lighting, fixing the anti-alising and study into how to create better a better render quality for future projects. Any ideas of good websites or tutorials where I can look into these subjects more? I will definitely search the web, but any information of good resources you have already discovered is much appreciated.

Thanks again for the feedback!!

I look forward to posting new stuff soon!!!

+Quote Post
   gurmukh
post Dec 11 2012, 11:18 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Newly Born

Hey guys thanks so much for the advice. I just put together a new workstation which has allowed me to increase the quality of my renders pretty easily. I upped the levels to maximum and increased the anti-alising to .5 and I saw how much clearer the render turned out. Here is the reworked render. Would love to hear what you think. Your previous advice helped me a lot. I cant seem to figure out a way to have the image show smaller in this post.

Thanks again!!

QUOTE (gurmukh @ Nov 28 2012, 12:59 PM) *
Thank you both so much for your feedback. I definitely need to work on my lighting and rendering. I usually just use the physical sun and sky with default settings. I will look into rendering with more samples, advanced lighting, fixing the anti-alising and study into how to create better a better render quality for future projects. Any ideas of good websites or tutorials where I can look into these subjects more? I will definitely search the web, but any information of good resources you have already discovered is much appreciated.

Thanks again for the feedback!!

I look forward to posting new stuff soon!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version