Amiel
post Jan 6 2014, 10:13 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Newly Born
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,061

Hello Lumies and Luminettes!

My real name is Amiel as well, I'm currently a highschool student (16 yrs of age, year 2) under the International Baccalaureate Program. I'm not very good at art but I've always been intrigued by it. I believe I was a good artist when I was a child back in the Philippines, I always drew at the time but I've never kept up with it and now I'm just any regular ole' person. have a nice day.png

The reason I join is that I believe that a lot can be learned through the internet. Even though I am taking an art class in my highschool, my teacher is not really "teaching" but rather facilitating, giving us tips, ideas, and basically help but not telling us what we can't and cannot do. However, I want to learn traditional art, drawing with pencil and paper, basically from the very basics.

I'm also a little bit jealous of my sister, she went into the arts coarse, attending an arts middle school and then getting fed into the best arts highschool in the region (dare I say state) of Florida (7 years of private arts experience). She's really good at painting landscape and nature, so I guess I was inspired by her to get into the arts as well. I'm sure there is some artistic blood flowing through me. (Idk, I don't want to pest her for help so that's why I'm on my own on the internet.)

I do have a little bit of a problem, I'm not a creative person so I have to go out, look at nature or something to be inspired. Read a good book or listen to a good song.

This intro is getting kinda long but that's about it! I'm new, I have no idea what I'm doing, I joined to learn some new stuff. I believe I will be sticking around for a long time hopefully, (from highschool all the way up to college.) At least that's the plan.
I'm very patient at what I do, I can be easily discouraged but I bounce right back up. I might post stuff once I start but it might be horrendous so I might not post until a while. I like viewing and reading the exhibitions and the interviews, they're very inspirational! It will not be a while until I can post an app but give it a few years guys! haha.

Thanks for reading all of this, it means a lot!

(PS: I don't even know if I'm welcome here, it looks like a place where experienced artists would go.)

Some other info:
I'm Filipino, I speak tagalog
I'm good at academics so I don't draw in class, I might get into the business field but art is still a passion!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
   joetjuhh
post Jan 6 2014, 10:33 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Luminarium Addict
Group: Staff
Member No.: 2,929

Hi there Amiel,

Welcome here at the Luminarium ;). You seem like a nice and intelligent person, based off your introduction.

It is rather hard to 'teach' art. Therefore, your teacher cannot say what to do and what not to do, because there is nothing what you may not do considering art (well, it has to be legal though, I suppose).
You said yourself you get inspired by your sister. Dare to ask for help. If she sees you are genuinly interested in and inspired by her art, I don't think she'll mind to explain some of the basics she's using.

Don't be afraid to share your art here. We cannot teach you everything, but we can give you tips based on the work you show us ;).
Again, be welcome, and have fun!

+Quote Post
   Amiel
post Jan 6 2014, 10:57 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Newly Born
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,061

QUOTE (joetjuhh @ Jan 7 2014, 06:33 AM) *
Hi there Amiel,

Welcome here at the Luminarium ;). You seem like a nice and intelligent person, based off your introduction.

It is rather hard to 'teach' art. Therefore, your teacher cannot say what to do and what not to do, because there is nothing what you may not do considering art (well, it has to be legal though, I suppose).
You said yourself you get inspired by your sister. Dare to ask for help. If she sees you are genuinly interested in and inspired by her art, I don't think she'll mind to explain some of the basics she's using.

Don't be afraid to share your art here. We cannot teach you everything, but we can give you tips based on the work you show us ;).
Again, be welcome, and have fun!

Thank you for the reply! I think she will help me but she's only 2 years older than me so we usually bicker and get into arguments as good siblings should do. Although we do have a good relationship, it is so awkward for me to rely to her as a teacher but I will when she is no longer busy with highschool stuff. have a nice day.png And being a lot taller than her is not helping the awkwardness. haha!

Thanks and I hope to enjoy my experience here!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version