> Tropical planet scene WIP
   NeroVII
post Dec 15 2012, 05:48 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Newly Born
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,848

I was thinking of making this a space battle scene, but then the planet turned out so calm and serene so I was thinking of adding a couple small moons (to show size) and perhaps a debris field (up close) spreading over the center of the image with a ship flying through it, or maybe a jumpgate of some kind in the center..

What do you guys think I should do for this WIP?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
   Smiling Demon
post Dec 15 2012, 05:57 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Co-Founder / Community Development
Group: Lum Administration
Member No.: 6

Hmm the clouds and colours are really nice. It is a little long and thin tho.

Elements wise, what might be quite cool is just something simple like a band of lush islands across the middle of the planet, and then maybe in the foreground an astronaut doing some floating next to his spaceship?

www.alastairtemple.co.uk

Chaz says:
vera got into a relationship with v4. He's hitting her.
My goat left me.
SD isn't scottish anymore but dutch.
Tobi said **** you against jeff, now is jeff angry.
Cees is just being cees.
Goldenx isn't in lum

+Quote Post
   Shue13
post Dec 15 2012, 06:14 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Luminarium junky
Group: Lum Administration
Member No.: 2,800

I think it would need some more black space area in the left corner to break a little the blue part. The bottom part would need some more length, the format is a bit to squashed to me even if I'm rather a big fond of 16/9 format than portrait one. A little moon planet or something in front would help for the scale and depth. Keep it up!!!

+Quote Post
   NeroVII
post Dec 15 2012, 11:25 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Newly Born
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,848

@Smiling Demon
I already tried making islands for this with a bunch of blend modes, if I add them I will most likely make small sparse islands rather than a conitnent because I'm trying to portray this as an untouched, all natural pristine world, unlike most of my other pictures I do (mostly cities and razed worlds heh).

@Shue
Yeah I was thinking of adding some black space there, already tried it a couple ways but then most of the picture would be black and I would have nothing to add to the black space (without adding cities and stuff like that) and it would turn out a bit like a Prometheus type planetary body. I would have to say the gradient used on that section should be angled a bit more.

The photo size is really just for a panoramic view, a most realistic view of space (in my opinion) showing the scale of the planet. (Like in avatar, gas giant -> life sustaining world in orbit of it -> human ship, then you see how big the inside of it is and your mind is blown heh)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version