> Another draft :)
   momentica-1
post May 19 2010, 06:31 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Inspiring Member
Group: * Former Artist
Member No.: 374

Hey guys so last time I posted my study stuff here it was actually helpful the feedback I got. Pushed me in the right direction. So again I need some critique here, my very final last presentation is due in less than a week and im putting together a draft. These are some renders. Any thoughts on what may or may not look better?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
   Sneaky
post May 19 2010, 09:43 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Luminarium junky
Group: Webmaster
Member No.: 4

The perspective seems off on some of the angles, such as the first row middle picture and especially the second row far left picture. Also, I don't really like that yellow railings. I would prefer a dark brown or a black, and it would like much more elegant.

We are LP artists, not taggers
tsjsneaky.deviantart.com

Gifts:.:X:..:X:..:X:.

+Quote Post
   Smiling Demon
post May 22 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Co-Founder / Community Development
Group: Lum Administration
Member No.: 6

I don't think it seems off, just maybe exaggerated, as if a wide angle lens had been sued. Anyway I agree with sneaky a different colour railing, like black or a dark brown would work better. Also I presume your not going to be presenting the renders like this? Because it would be better to show like all the interior renders together and just generally have them organised better.

www.alastairtemple.co.uk

Chaz says:
vera got into a relationship with v4. He's hitting her.
My goat left me.
SD isn't scottish anymore but dutch.
Tobi said **** you against jeff, now is jeff angry.
Cees is just being cees.
Goldenx isn't in lum

+Quote Post
   grungetv
post May 23 2010, 11:42 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Luminarium Addict
Group: ś Senior Artist
Member No.: 246

Looking good! smile.gif
As already mentioned, maybe a different colour for the railings (yellow looks bright and cheerful, but I think a darker colour would be more appropriate)
And I can only agree with SD about the presentation of indoor/outdoor renders - maybe keeping all outdoors together etc.
I'm not sure about the wide angle view(s). I think a traditional camera view should probably be used to keep the whole presentation looking practical and informative - the wide angle distorts the structures and could be misinterpreted. smile.gif

+Quote Post
   momentica-1
post May 23 2010, 05:47 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Inspiring Member
Member No.: 374

nope its not the format im gonna be presenting in, this one was just draft images to show smile.gif, thanks for the advice guys i will post up what ive changed in a day or two

+Quote Post
   BPauba
post Jun 6 2010, 04:50 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

ETPcrew
Member No.: 194

I enjoy the renders, They have an interesting mixture that gives a hint of realism while defining themselves as almost an illustration. In my opinion that is a great place to be in, realism is overrated. I would say that allowing the atmospheres to pop a bit more may in-turn celebrate the architecture. Specifically in the renders; Facade, At the Corner of Campbell, and Facade at Night. The architecture starts to melt into the atmosphere due to the color similarities.

Although I do not know what you are presenting, remember that the most important aspect of presentation materials is information. Maybe these renders do not need callouts, but if you are able to convey more information about the architecture within the illustration the more the jurors will appreciate the illustrations.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version