> hay hay c:
   slime
post Jan 7 2014, 05:42 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Newly Born
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,062

Hi, i'm Andrea Lessio, 17 years old (i'm going for 18 this year), and i write from Italy c:
I'm in high school ( 4th year of surveyor's school )

i like draw with pen, pencil and ink, and i would like learn how to use something better like brushes or wacom tablet (i have it but i'm really bad with it D: )
i use photoshop since when i was 12 or 13 (i don't remember exactly :P) and i like do some "sketches" about websites, illsutrations or logos with it.

i like strange/original works, and i hope mine are too

if you want to see something here it is my deviantart, even if there are many works ...
http://slimevash.deviantart.com/

i'm here because in my opinions i have too much to learn and i think that i'll learn better watching and maybe having some advices from someone who is more better than me

sorry if my english is bad but i'm trying to write without google translate xD

ciaps c:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
   joetjuhh
post Jan 7 2014, 06:04 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Luminarium Addict
Group: Staff
Member No.: 2,929

Welcome Andrea! You have some nice sketches in your portfolio have a nice day.png. You're on the right way!
And don't worry about your english, you're doing good ;)

+Quote Post
   Kuldar
post Jan 7 2014, 06:10 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Luminarium Addict
Group: ś Senior Artist
Member No.: 2,818

First of all don't excuse about you English - cause if it's not you mother language then there is no need for excuse.
It's really awesome that you have interest and will to educate yourself. I had same will. And that's why I have only one suggestion - find yourself an art school - cause if you don't know and want to learn then it really helps! I really don't know about art schools in other countries, but in Estonia they are top notch - and they are free (i have heard that in some countries you have to pay - which is really funny because your countries should feel great interest in it's people education - and free is the way to go).

of course there is always tutorials and internet, but if you really want to dig it, then school is the way. have a nice day.png

"Follow the white rabbit."

+Quote Post
   joetjuhh
post Jan 7 2014, 06:31 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Luminarium Addict

Are those free in Estonia?

/emigratingtoEstonia.

+Quote Post
   Amiel
post Jan 7 2014, 07:45 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Newly Born
Member No.: 5,061

I like your bubble v1 and the Scan pic0002, Andrea!

I've heard that in some European countries colleges are free, here in the U.S top notch art colleges are extremely expensive. Can't wait to see more of your work!

+Quote Post
   Kuldar
post Jan 8 2014, 10:58 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Luminarium Addict
Group: ś Senior Artist
Member No.: 2,818

Almost all education is quite free here - even in university - where are like these free "places" for students who stands out most. But mostly you have to pay only for university - rest is free. Bigger problem is usually how you manage to pay rent in place where you are staying while learning in school which isn't in you hometown. So yeah, we should be happy, but we aren't have a nice day.png We have other problems, like to much brain power and too few jobs - so lot of people are leaving the country because here isn't so many jobs and payment is better in other countries.

QUOTE (joetjuhh @ Jan 7 2014, 08:31 PM) *
Are those free in Estonia?

/emigratingtoEstonia.

"Follow the white rabbit."

+Quote Post
   joetjuhh
post Jan 8 2014, 01:31 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Luminarium Addict

Then again, if you have to pay for university, then its quite the same as here, I guess. We have a yearly admission fee for universities. Apart from that you are free to choose which study you'd like to do within the university (sometimes you need specific requirements, ofcourse).

+Quote Post
   Andres Gallardo ...
post Jan 8 2014, 06:32 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Inspiring Member
Group: Lum Artists
Member No.: 4,981

Estonia has, as Kuldar said, top art schools. Now, try to learn Estonian and its 14 declinations :P

Of course, some may have some international program, but unfortunately not as many as a foreigner would like (which on the other hand, I can understand...English is not an official language)

QUOTE (joetjuhh @ Jan 8 2014, 04:31 PM) *
Then again, if you have to pay for university, then its quite the same as here, I guess. We have a yearly admission fee for universities. Apart from that you are free to choose which study you'd like to do within the university (sometimes you need specific requirements, ofcourse).

+Quote Post
   slime
post Jan 8 2014, 07:08 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Newly Born
Member No.: 5,062

thanks all you for welcome c:
in italy high school about art aren't so good, i would like do that kind of school, but some friends (that did that), after that their studies were ended tells that it is like not having studied nothing. If you want to "economically survive" here in italy you have to do other schools.
maybe about university is different, i don't know...

+Quote Post
   Amiel
post Jan 10 2014, 03:05 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Newly Born
Member No.: 5,061

QUOTE (slime @ Jan 9 2014, 03:08 AM) *
thanks all you for welcome c:
in italy high school about art aren't so good, i would like do that kind of school, but some friends (that did that), after that their studies were ended tells that it is like not having studied nothing. If you want to "economically survive" here in italy you have to do other schools.
maybe about university is different, i don't know...

I know, I have the same pretzel head. (It means uncertain of the future.) Studying art is infamously branded as a sort of starving study. Not only are expenses high (materials and uni), but also the value of artists are low and there aren't really a stable flow of jobs. It's the same here in the U.S. (at least that's what it seems to me) however, it's still worth to go into it because if you chicken out, you'll have regret not doing it. I wouldn't mind struggling to go for the things I like doing. The only thing that would make me do is work harder, work harder for exposure and work harder to get to know other people. But to take the easy way out, that's a more dull and boring path to take. However, I wouldn't completely disregard security and stability, those are things to shoot for as well.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version