> A Work in Progress, The name of the topic AND the artwork
   Parasky
post May 21 2009, 12:22 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members +15 posts
Member No.: 260

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t138/parasky_2/WIPic.png

This is a piece I am currently working on, but I'm not quite sure how to take the next step. You see I've always done planets and spacescapes using photoshop alone, as I don't have any other programs at my disposal. What I want is a space station being constructed in that empty space next to the planet (well it isn't really next the planet, but you get what I mean). I'm not sure how to go about this as I have never really done anything like that before. So I decided to post it here for two reasons:

1) It's still in PSD format so I can edit it based on your critiques of the planets and
2) To seek advice as to how I should go about making the space station.

So then, what's the word?

Interested in the biology of aliens, or perhaps in what animals could have been (or may yet be)? Then you should join Speculative Evolution today!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
   keepwalking
post May 24 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Luminarium Worshipper
Group: * Former Artist
Member No.: 177

nice wip so far rolleyes.gif

If you want to make a space station you can still use photoshop, you dont need 3d programs. Just airbrush it and trust me, it'll lok great! .Its a little bit more complicated than a 3d program but with practice youll get what you want for sure. smile.gif

+Quote Post
   SkillZombie
post May 25 2009, 03:04 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Inspiring Member
Group: Members +15 posts
Member No.: 250

It really doesn't look all that bad actually. Personally, I would recommend altering the nebulae and space clouds you have and try and airbrush a more flowing design. The planet isn't that bad, but try to just go with something a little more barren perhaps. Otherwise, keep up the good work.

"Its not the world that has abandoned us, but perhaps us that has abandoned the world.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version