Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saving custom brushes WITH dynamics built in?, Little help? hope it's the right forum
   priteeboy
post Mar 3 2011, 11:58 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

ETPcrew
Group: ś Senior Artist
Member No.: 599

I've known how to make custom Photoshop brushes for a few years now and that now presents one problem - I'm still using the now inferior brushes I made years ago and want to go on a brush-making spree to help increase my digital painting speed with newer, better brushes.

Though I can never seem to figure out how to save them with my own settings already set when I choose it again later, Say I want to make leaves - I'd like to just choose my leaf and have all its dynamics I set earlier intact - having subtle colour, rotation and scatter variations, having it follow the direction I paint etc. Seems each time I load it I have to check and adjust these settings again which wastes a lot of time since I may want different settings for another later.
Photoshop's default ones seem to load with dynamics set to go (like it's Scattered Maple leaves brush) I just want to have my own behave the same upon loading Untitled-2.png

I got the idea when I saw the sample clip for this video tutorial http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/pro...-to-Concept-Art I was actually considering buying that video tutorial, looks like it might help me out huh.gif For now though I just want my dynamics settings to load ready with my own brushes, any links or tutorials on how to save them so they load like that would be appreciated blush.gif

Why is delivering things by car called "shipment", while delivering things by ship is called "cargo"?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
   Smiling Demon
post Mar 3 2011, 01:17 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Co-Founder / Community Development
Group: Lum Administration
Member No.: 6

I'm not sure mate, sorry I can't help.

www.alastairtemple.co.uk

Chaz says:
vera got into a relationship with v4. He's hitting her.
My goat left me.
SD isn't scottish anymore but dutch.
Tobi said **** you against jeff, now is jeff angry.
Cees is just being cees.
Goldenx isn't in lum

+Quote Post
   Blue Phoenix
post Mar 5 2011, 09:49 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Luminarium Addict
Group: Members +15 posts
Member No.: 199

(assuming this is no different to CS3)

Basically, you enter the brushes-menu (the one where you choose stuff like scattering, color dynamics, etc) and then define the settings you wish to maintain. Now, after you're done, go up to the "Brush Presets"-tab. There, click somewhere into a blank spot in the brush-selecting-panel (your cursor should change to a bucket). You should get a dialog-box where you set a name for the brush. You can later on delete the original brush and save the ABR.

Hope that helps wink.gif

+Quote Post
   O21
post Mar 9 2011, 10:46 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Inspiring Member
Group: * Former Artist
Member No.: 2,979

Maybe ... after defining the parameters of a brush , you can use the tool preset for your brushes , and it's very useful (it's .tpl file not .abr )
http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/brushmgmt/brushmgmt.htm
It's just another solution wink.gif

+Quote Post
   priteeboy
post Mar 14 2011, 11:57 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

ETPcrew
Group: ś Senior Artist
Member No.: 599

Forgive my late response, I admit I forgot about this topic when I thought maybe it was impossible to do tongue.gif

But thanks a lot both of you, and for that link too! I did a quick test one and followed the instructions and it seemed to create the same brush with all my set dynamics built in! Exactly what I wanted biggrin.gif

Why is delivering things by car called "shipment", while delivering things by ship is called "cargo"?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version