+Quote Post
   Somni
post Jun 1 2009, 09:32 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Robotic Being
Group: ś Senior Artist
Member No.: 91

Good work. There are some problems with the lighting. If the sun was at that position, hardly any light would show on the planet because basically the planet is in front of the sun. There would be a crescent of light showing. Keep it up mate smile.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
   priteeboy
post Jun 2 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

ETPcrew
Member No.: 599

Look out for a deep critique from me over at dA wink.gif

Why is delivering things by car called "shipment", while delivering things by ship is called "cargo"?

+Quote Post
   Elemento
post Jun 3 2009, 01:09 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Inspiring Member
Group: Members +15 posts
Member No.: 41

looks fantastic....

elemento11.daportfolio.com

+Quote Post
   crahzz
post Jun 3 2009, 09:41 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Respected Member
Group: * Former Artist
Member No.: 892

I like the fact that you've put the star at the bottom of the planet, that gives a nice twist but it seems like the composition is now a bit too symmetrical. What I would suggest is adding a moon or something of the likes in either the top left or right corner. Also the star itself could be a bit more aggressive, perhaps add a hint of a solar flare? Or a black spot on the left of the star hinting another planet far far away? To me this looks like a good setup but not a finished piece, if possible I'd keep doodling away in it =)

~ Nothing lasts but nothing is lost~
http://crahzz.deviantart.com/
www.crahzz.com

+Quote Post
   Smiling Demon
post Jun 5 2009, 01:17 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Co-Founder / Community Development
Group: Lum Administration
Member No.: 6

its a little plain and what has already been said about the lighting.

www.alastairtemple.co.uk

Chaz says:
vera got into a relationship with v4. He's hitting her.
My goat left me.
SD isn't scottish anymore but dutch.
Tobi said **** you against jeff, now is jeff angry.
Cees is just being cees.
Goldenx isn't in lum

+Quote Post
   edlo
post Jun 5 2009, 01:48 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

ETPcrew
Member No.: 67

Stretched satellite photo, no clouds, bad lightning, extremely boring obvious soft brushing for the space dust, bad starfield, dark vertical line at the left, the sun looks nice.
If you are serious about space art, read , read and read some more, then practice, and dont slap things together, unless you want to contribute to trashing space art.
Sorry dude.

+Quote Post
   Kaioshen
post Jun 5 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Master of cake
Member No.: 131

Damn ed, ease up man. We all started out somewhere right? If you want to give some crits than give them, there's no sense in posting that, it only discourages people away.

I would suggest looking at some art by greg martin and other top artists in the space art genre and see what they are doing. Study and learn how they achieved a certain look, then go back and try it for yourself. Also, don't be discouraged by your results, everything takes time to get used to and understand how it works. Also, read some tutorials too, there are some really good ones out there that would really help you.

Good luck

+Quote Post
   edlo
post Jun 5 2009, 06:52 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

ETPcrew
Member No.: 67

QUOTE (Kaioshen @ Jun 5 2009, 12:05 PM) *
Damn ed, ease up man. We all started out somewhere right? If you want to give some crits than give them, there's no sense in posting that, it only discourages people away.

I would suggest looking at some art by greg martin and other top artists in the space art genre and see what they are doing. Study and learn how they achieved a certain look, then go back and try it for yourself. Also, don't be discouraged by your results, everything takes time to get used to and understand how it works. Also, read some tutorials too, there are some really good ones out there that would really help you.

Good luck

Yeah maybe too hard man but I recently had several discussions about space art being a slapped together genre with no artistic value at all and that is because everywhere its plagued with stuff like that, so there is a reason for that kind of thinking. I dislike people throwing things together and calling it space art, and building up the disrespect for it, too many pre made sources out there if you ask me.
In any way as I said if he is serious he should thrive through and learn, an I can bet he already seen GM work; but people always try the shortcut; and there is no shortcut in space art you have to work.
But again sorry if it was to harsh.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version