> Transformers 2
   Akajork
post Jun 28 2009, 08:39 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Founder
Group: Founder
Member No.: 9

Saw it yesterday.. please do me a favor and dont see this movie.. dont contribute to it, Im ashamed i did.

It sucks that a film like this makes so much money so Bay gets another chance to fuck things up royally..

I know its a film that is just supposed to entertain but it didnt even do that for me. It was just horrible in every possible way. 2,5 hours of explosions and effects. Props to ILM but too bad it got used for suchs a shitty movie.

I just cant really understand how suchs a big budget movie that gets worked on by soo many talented people just turns out soo idealess and so bad. Does no one see in the production: hey wait a second, half of this movie makes no sence!!!

It was one of the worst films Ive seen in a long time.. Bay you should be ashamed and retire from the movie industry because you seem to fail to even make fighting robots entertaining. Shame on you.

We are all storytellers night after night, for even the most inartistic of us can still dream like masters.

http://www.akajork.com/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
   priteeboy
post Jun 29 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

ETPcrew
Group: ś Senior Artist
Member No.: 599

Lol, as artists, we are one of the few types of people who would even bother breaking down a movie into it's individual plots, story and concept...you gotta think of all the beer-bellied, loud-mouthed Dads and their screaming kids along with mindless generic teens all just wanting a day out and some entertainment, which makes up the majority of the audience after all, so they think they can get away with favouring "shiny effects" over a deep story and so-on.

That's just my generalisation, I havn't yet actually seen it tongue.gif

Why is delivering things by car called "shipment", while delivering things by ship is called "cargo"?

+Quote Post
   Warp
post Jun 29 2009, 04:15 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Luminarium Addict
Group: Members +15 posts
Member No.: 8

Well ye, I'm not surprised to hear that. I always was going to watch it for the special effects and not for the crappy plot, I'll just wait for a decent interwebs version tongue.gif

Biomechanical jazz, man
Carpe Noctem
http://warlock-warp.deviantart.com/

+Quote Post
   Phoenix-06
post Jun 29 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Crew
Member No.: 2

I agree and disagree, whilst the movie has very little if any plot, and said plot is long and confusing, there are redeeming factors which is the effects. As an artist I was never expecting much from the movie in the way of story but the special effects and fight scenes, which there are a lot of, are incredible and very inspiring. This is Bay, bay doesn't do plot he only does effects so saying it has no plot is basically a given if it has his name on it. The comedy aspects were a bit over the top for me, those 2 cars should have never been in it and Jetfire could have toned it down a bit, Megan Fox should be shot and Shia should tone down the cheese. But I got so much inspiration for illustrations depicting battles, just the camera angles, the effects, its all gold, there is no other movie out there which has such amazing fight scenes in terms of ferocity and style.

Are these issues going to place the franchise in any kind of trouble? Of course not it will make gazillions, and it still deserves to. The team behind the Transformers movies have hit upon a formula that mixes E number fuelled Saturday morning cartoons with 90s style military action movies, and it works in a spectacularly un-ironic, gloriously juvenile way.

So yeah no plot but then again if you have half a brain and have seen any other movie by Bay you would know not to expect a plot.

Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It's not a thing to be waited for - it is a thing to be achieved.

+Quote Post
   Smiling Demon
post Jun 29 2009, 06:06 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Co-Founder / Community Development
Group: Lum Administration
Member No.: 6

yeh, its not anything I would ever call a good film. But I still did kinda enjoy it.

www.alastairtemple.co.uk

Chaz says:
vera got into a relationship with v4. He's hitting her.
My goat left me.
SD isn't scottish anymore but dutch.
Tobi said **** you against jeff, now is jeff angry.
Cees is just being cees.
Goldenx isn't in lum

+Quote Post
   edlo
post Jun 29 2009, 06:06 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

ETPcrew
Group: * Former Artist
Member No.: 67

^ Agreed ......Still I can think of at least a dozen things I can do with Megan Fox before shooting her tongue.gif

+Quote Post
   Kaioshen
post Jun 29 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Master of cake
Member No.: 131

QUOTE (edlo @ Jun 29 2009, 02:06 PM) *
^ Agreed ......Still I can think of at least a dozen things I can do with Megan Fox before shooting her tongue.gif

lmao... very nice ed

+Quote Post
   fxEVo
post Jun 29 2009, 09:17 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Inspiring Member
Member No.: 178

Nah, this year is about StarTrek.

+Quote Post
   Phoenix-06
post Jun 30 2009, 12:04 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Crew
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (fxEVo @ Jun 29 2009, 09:17 PM) *

Ow hell yeah that movie was by far my favourite from this year, and perhaps even one of my all time favourites, the style was great and so was the plot.

Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It's not a thing to be waited for - it is a thing to be achieved.

+Quote Post
   Leth
post Jun 30 2009, 02:31 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Inspiring Member
Member No.: 871

QUOTE (fxEVo @ Jun 29 2009, 10:17 PM) *

QUOTE (Phoenix-06 @ Jun 30 2009, 01:04 AM) *
Ow hell yeah that movie was by far my favourite from this year, and perhaps even one of my all time favourites, the style was great and so was the plot.

I agree with both of you. It was freakin awesome, and I was never a star trek fan.

+Quote Post
   fxEVo
post Jun 30 2009, 03:19 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Inspiring Member

I lol at the scene of Hikaru Sulu with his first ride of Enterspire, can't believe it, the most advanced ship but still have hand brake, and he's so nervous he totally forgot about that. That detail alone can beat down Transformer's fancy pant to a whim.

+Quote Post
   Akajork
post Jun 30 2009, 07:40 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Founder
Group: Founder
Member No.: 9

I know what to expect from bay.. its just that, even though I wasnt expecting any kind of good script, there is basicly no idea behind this movie.. its just an empty shell of effects. And tlhtouh the effects are awesome bay ruins it with his editing. It was so chaotic I could hardly enjoy any of the beautifull effects.

Its just crazy that you can fail to entertain when you have fighting robots and incredible cg.. he defenately failed to entertain me tongue.gif

We are all storytellers night after night, for even the most inartistic of us can still dream like masters.

http://www.akajork.com/

+Quote Post
   CCA
post Jun 30 2009, 08:35 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Luminarium Addict
Member No.: 26

it has always about what targets the current audience and the money, some ppl say effects /3d wise its an art piece, others define the storyline as a failure.

I havent seen it yet, but imma look trough those 2 sides, and just enjoy it like normal people would. It has always been about the money.

"Minimalism is art."

+Quote Post
   Chaz
post Jul 1 2009, 06:20 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

ETPcrew
Member No.: 16

QUOTE (Akajork @ Jun 30 2009, 08:40 PM) *
I know what to expect from bay.. its just that, even though I wasnt expecting any kind of good script, there is basicly no idea behind this movie.. its just an empty shell of effects. And tlhtouh the effects are awesome bay ruins it with his editing. It was so chaotic I could hardly enjoy any of the beautifull effects.

Its just crazy that you can fail to entertain when you have fighting robots and incredible cg.. he defenately failed to entertain me tongue.gif

Dude, megan fox should enterain you, not the special effects XD

+Quote Post
   CCA
post Jul 1 2009, 08:46 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Luminarium Addict
Member No.: 26

QUOTE (Chaz @ Jul 1 2009, 07:20 PM) *
Dude, megan fox should enterain you, not the special effects XD

True dat! wink.gif

"Minimalism is art."

+Quote Post
   Somni
post Jul 1 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Robotic Being
Member No.: 91

Sooooo I saw Transies last night and it was a piece of crap! The first was way better! This movie has great gfx but I just hated all the dumb new robots they added; so many of them were so useless and would say such dumb things. The twin autobots cussed practically throughout the whole film and it wasn't funny not one bit. (plus they looked like these ugly gremlins lol)

SPOILER!
And that college chick robot was so dumb too. I remember feeling disgusted at seeing such garbage. It's such a shame cuz this movie had so much potential but was killed and ruined.

The only entertaining parts were the end fights and Shia Lebouf's mom.

It's just better to watch this at home when you rent the film.

+Quote Post
   edlo
post Jul 2 2009, 02:24 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

ETPcrew

Getto transformers, a shame really. 3 third world countries could have been overhauled with the money spent on that piece of crap.

+Quote Post
   fxEVo
post Jul 2 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Inspiring Member

Even the effect of transforming processes is not fun anymore, this is just sad.

+Quote Post
   edlo
post Jul 2 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

ETPcrew

I would still enjoy a piece of Megan Fox tongue.gif

+Quote Post
   Somni
post Jul 2 2009, 08:33 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Robotic Being
Member No.: 91

yea Megan Fox was hot, hotter than that stupid college chick robo too

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version