Akajork
post Jan 26 2011, 03:29 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Founder
Group: Founder
Member No.: 9

Hi guys

I know Im a bit late with seeing this film tongue.gif but I just saw Monsters yesterday. I dont know how many of you have seen it?

I was actually presently surprised. Very nice movie, I really enjoyed it. I think however they advertised this film more as an action flick which its not. Dont expect to see a lot of visual effects and aliens in it or fight scenes. It is a road movie and a love story. Not an action movie. That being said, the movie was beautifully shot and very well directed. The editing was nice and the music was amazing! I actually bought the soundtrack and its a really good track.

I definitely recommend this movie!

Also go see Black Swan, Buried, The King's Speech and most of all Winter's Bone! Great flicks!

We are all storytellers night after night, for even the most inartistic of us can still dream like masters.

http://www.akajork.com/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
   Somni
post Jan 27 2011, 01:33 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Robotic Being
Group: ś Senior Artist
Member No.: 91

I haven't seen it yet but I remember I was looking forward to it for a while until reviews came out. Most of them were discouraging unfortunately, but once the film is out on dvd I'm gonna watch it!

Black Swan-top notch!

+Quote Post
   Smiling Demon
post Jan 27 2011, 04:22 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Co-Founder / Community Development
Group: Lum Administration
Member No.: 6

Not seen any of these. Tbh not heard of mosters lol.

Going to see The Kings Speach and hopefully Black Swan over the next week or two.

www.alastairtemple.co.uk

Chaz says:
vera got into a relationship with v4. He's hitting her.
My goat left me.
SD isn't scottish anymore but dutch.
Tobi said **** you against jeff, now is jeff angry.
Cees is just being cees.
Goldenx isn't in lum

+Quote Post
   Kaioshen
post Jan 27 2011, 05:06 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Master of cake
Member No.: 131

Never heard about it, but it looks pretty good. Definitely will check it out.

+Quote Post
   Phoenix-06
post Jan 31 2011, 12:55 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Crew
Member No.: 2

I enjoyed it a lot more than I had hoped, many seemed to put it into the same vein as Skyline, I was very happy to see that it couldnt be further from Skyline. It was very much story driven, no big action scenes a rather frsh take on the whole alien invasion story in whats fast becoming a year of nothing but alien invasion flicks.

Despite this sudden saturation of alien flicks I'm looking forward to Battle Los Angeles.

Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It's not a thing to be waited for - it is a thing to be achieved.

+Quote Post
   Tigaer
post Jan 31 2011, 08:38 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Inspiring Member
Group: Lum Artists
Member No.: 2,543

I expected a little bit more action from 'Monsters'. But the way it played out satisfied me as well. A lot of stuff in the movie was improvised which keeps lots of the dialogue scene natural. There's this one scene at the end when two of these big creatures meet up and damn it's such a beautiful scene. I completely agree to the things already said... it's worth a watch. Goes the same direction 'Moon' goes. I like the fact that vfx and everything became so affordable that independent scifi productions can really look awesome now. With the past decade pretty much ignoring scifi (with a few exceptions) and going more fantasy... i hope it swings back to scifi for the next years. Thanks to the success of Cameron's Avatar.

Still have to see Tron... even if reviews aren't that good... :-s i want it to be awesome!!! Damn...

Home is where the Heart is.

+Quote Post
   Phoenix-06
post Feb 1 2011, 12:45 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Crew
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Tigaer @ Jan 31 2011, 08:38 PM) *
I expected a little bit more action from 'Monsters'. But the way it played out satisfied me as well. A lot of stuff in the movie was improvised which keeps lots of the dialogue scene natural. There's this one scene at the end when two of these big creatures meet up and damn it's such a beautiful scene. I completely agree to the things already said... it's worth a watch. Goes the same direction 'Moon' goes. I like the fact that vfx and everything became so affordable that independent scifi productions can really look awesome now. With the past decade pretty much ignoring scifi (with a few exceptions) and going more fantasy... i hope it swings back to scifi for the next years. Thanks to the success of Cameron's Avatar.

Still have to see Tron... even if reviews aren't that good... :-s i want it to be awesome!!! Damn...

Tron is a good film, the 3D is pretty cool in that its 2D in the "real world" and then goes 3D when it transitions into the Grid. The design and fell of the film is very cool and the soundtrack is brilliant.

Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It's not a thing to be waited for - it is a thing to be achieved.

+Quote Post
   Kaioshen
post Feb 1 2011, 06:21 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Master of cake

I thought Tron was great, definitely worth the time. As Adam said, the soundtrack was one of the best parts of the film.

+Quote Post
   Akajork
post Feb 4 2011, 02:14 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Founder
Group: Founder
Member No.: 9

personally I was very disspointed in tron.. I didnt enjoy it that much at all and actually was rather bored half of the time. The story was flat and very predictable. the cgi to me looked very confusing.. it was very dark and the design was confusing as well.. I had no idea where we were exactly during the entire fiml or how far things were. or what direction we were looking at for that matter. It looked cool but it was just the same reflective style over and over.. haha oh well tongue.gif I guess I hoped for more. At Least the soundtrack was awesome!

@ Tigaer: dude that scene is fantastic!!! I thought it was really really incredibly done. Suchs a good scene!!

We are all storytellers night after night, for even the most inartistic of us can still dream like masters.

http://www.akajork.com/

+Quote Post
   Ludier
post Feb 11 2011, 08:14 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Newly Born
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,896

dull and boring dry.gif

+Quote Post
   Kaioshen
post Mar 25 2011, 01:41 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Master of cake

I just finished watching this movie and I gotta say it was pretty good, I dunno, maybe I'm easily entertained. If you can appreciate it for what it is, you will enjoy it. Yeah it doesn't have a lot of action, but you get sucked into the characters and their journey to make it to America. The creatures (of course) are kind of misunderstood and you see that with the closing scene of the film (which I agree with you Chris and Jorik, that scene is very good). The creatures themselves were well done, especially for the movie being as low budget as it was and even the ending itself is done well I think too.

All in all, a good film. I probably could sit through it one more time, but don't think I could watch it again after that.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version