Dragonstorm
post Jul 8 2012, 07:37 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Newly Born
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,026

So I recently finished this piece.

I was wondering what thoughts you guys have on it? I'm always eager to improve so any critique would be appreciated. happy.gif

The mediums used for this are polychromos coloured pencils, and a little bit of white ink for detailing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
   Smiling Demon
post Jul 8 2012, 09:23 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Co-Founder / Community Development
Group: Lum Administration
Member No.: 6

Pretty cool. Love a bit of traditional drawing.

In respect to what to improve I would say depth is mildly lacking (although this isn't so easy in traditional stuff because you can't overlay low oppacy haze), also some extra details in those background parts and the rocks.

www.alastairtemple.co.uk

Chaz says:
vera got into a relationship with v4. He's hitting her.
My goat left me.
SD isn't scottish anymore but dutch.
Tobi said **** you against jeff, now is jeff angry.
Cees is just being cees.
Goldenx isn't in lum

+Quote Post
   Dragonstorm
post Jul 8 2012, 09:43 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Newly Born
Member No.: 4,026

QUOTE (Smiling Demon @ Jul 8 2012, 05:23 PM) *
Pretty cool. Love a bit of traditional drawing.

In respect to what to improve I would say depth is mildly lacking (although this isn't so easy in traditional stuff because you can't overlay low oppacy haze), also some extra details in those background parts and the rocks.

Thanks SD!

Speaking of atmospheric depth, that's one aspect of my work I'm actively trying to improve on. I've found that while it's a challenge with coloured pencils, I can get a hazy distance effect with acrylics.

+Quote Post
   Kaioshen
post Jul 9 2012, 07:09 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Master of cake
Group: ś Senior Artist
Member No.: 131

Aside from atmospheric perspective, I would also definitely study perspective and how to apply texture to your work. You did a good job of it already in some areas, but it can be improved (mostly in the rocks). Try to refrain from making everything 'swoopy' and curvy, makes the image seem unbalanced and that weighs on the viewer as well.

Just keep learning your fundamentals and don't be afraid to sketch out your ideas beforehand to get a better grasp on your concept! Keep it up.

+Quote Post
   Reynolds Alum
post Apr 10 2018, 08:28 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Newly Born
Member No.: 5,534

Snooker and billiards are both best games and played on the same kind of table with different laws and instructions. So I am glad to hear that Oceania is good at it as Alex Render write an article on it and this https://www.essaywritingboo.com/review-of-edubirdie/ website share unique stuff. So I must say this article represents the region Oceania. I really like the post and hope that others will like it too.

+Quote Post
   Anna Julia
post May 10 2018, 10:04 AM
Post #6

Newly Born
Group: Validating
Member No.: 5,513

Snooker and billiards are both best amusements and played on a similar sort of table with various laws and guidelines. So I am happy to hear that Oceania is great at it as Alex Render compose an article on it and this dissertation help online share one of a kind stuff. So I should state this article speaks to the area Oceania. I extremely like the post and expectation that others will like it as well.

+Quote Post
   alvinaash
post Jun 25 2018, 06:45 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Members +15 posts
Member No.: 5,502

Speaking of atmospheric depth, that's one aspect of my work I'm actively trying to improve on. I've found that while it's a challenge with coloured pencils, I can get a hazy distance effect with acrylics.

seo content writing service

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version