Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: skiing
The Luminarium > Community V3 > Social Lounge
Smiling Demon
With all the snow here recently I've been getting a massive longing to go skiing (damn exams getting in the way).

So I've spent the evening watching skiing vids on vimeo (http://vimeo.com/channels/118020#15230694), was just wondering who else here skis?
Blue Phoenix
I'd love to, but I think I'd ruin my skis...

^that's the actual view out of my window shot like 5mins ago tongue.gif
Somni
One Christmas I went to Michigan and went skiing. I almost crashed into a tree, it was scary as hell! After that I got better at it xD

I think it's fun but personally, I prefer the ocean biggrin.gif that's why I live in Florida
Dj Pookster
Haha, I live in Michigan, but I don't ski XD
Kaioshen
QUOTE (Somni @ Dec 3 2010, 07:14 PM) *
One Christmas I went to Michigan and went skiing. I almost crashed into a tree, it was scary as hell! After that I got better at it xD

I think it's fun but personally, I prefer the ocean biggrin.gif that's why I live in Florida

I really do hate you right now, I lived in Orlando for 12 years and moved to North Carolina in 06, big regret. I miss the beaches. sad.gif

As far as skiing, I think I'd prefer snowboarding personally. Have never done it, but would love to give it a try.
encoretheangel
aarrgghhh... you guys are talkin bout skiing makes me jalouz tongue.gif

no snow here, no snowborading, no skiing... just raining! ohmy.gif
Smiling Demon
QUOTE (Kaioshen @ Dec 4 2010, 04:10 AM) *
I really do hate you right now, I lived in Orlando for 12 years and moved to North Carolina in 06, big regret. I miss the beaches. sad.gif

As far as skiing, I think I'd prefer snowboarding personally. Have never done it, but would love to give it a try.

I can do both, although I'm a much better skier. They both have their advantages and disadvantages and I love them both XD.

I don't have a ski-trip planned this year (can't really afford it), so going to have to make do with soctland's short runs sad.gif
Thor
We have snow almost year round in our mountains here so im quite used to it, I own a snowboard myself and do trips with friends now and then, we have allot of snow here now aswell atleast outside ;D a picture from my terrace here http://i54.tinypic.com/1zf5uv6.jpg it's from last winter but it pretty much is the same now =)
Somni
ACH must be freeezing!
Smiling Demon
QUOTE (Thor @ Dec 4 2010, 11:10 AM) *
We have snow almost year round in our mountains here so im quite used to it, I own a snowboard myself and do trips with friends now and then, we have allot of snow here now aswell atleast outside ;D a picture from my terrace here http://i54.tinypic.com/1zf5uv6.jpg it's from last winter but it pretty much is the same now =)

I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit jealous, what is the summer skiing like btw? Might have to come visit you in the summer tongue.gif
Thor
well in the summers you have to go north or very high in the mountains in order to skii =) in the winters theres allot more choices tho and yes somni it's freezing now -17 celcius last night ;x
Smiling Demon
Can't remember how far north you are XD (for some reason I thought you were pretty far north, otherwise I wouldn't have asked XD).
Thor
Hehe im southwest (stavanger)
Blue Phoenix
Hehe, +0.4 at the moment. The snow starts to transform into that nasty glop tongue.gif
Will be super-fun going outside in a few minutes and ruin my shoes due to all the salt sad.gif
Thor
haha you got that problem in germany ;P here they put so much salt that it just replaces the snow as a new surface ^^
Smiling Demon
QUOTE (Thor @ Dec 6 2010, 01:13 AM) *
Hehe im southwest (stavanger)

Ah right. Now i know where you are, my Dad spent alot of time in Stavanger a few years back, flying helicopters for Norsk Helicopters (he flys for Bristows over here but Norsk were lacking pilots for a bit and he used to do 2 weeks on over there, and then 2 weeks off).
Somni
oh gosh. I'm so glad I live nowhere near snow. It's only like 50 out here which I'm sure is nothing to to you guys, but to a native floridian is cold!!
Kaioshen
30 here right now and outside feels like ice, don't know how you guys can take that cold weather.
Smiling Demon
it was around -5C (thats around 23F) when I left my flat this morning, its a bit warmer now (probably -3 or -2).
foxd3sign
It's -9 C in Germany biggrin.gif
Blue Phoenix
QUOTE (foxd3sign @ Dec 7 2010, 01:05 PM) *
It's -9 C in Germany biggrin.gif

*highfives*

Yeh, after it thawed a little, temperatures went down a good bit again. PLUS, we had some snow coming down during the time it was above the freezing point, so now we have a couple centimeters thick ice layers everywhere. And guess what, my uni is on top of a mountain. Buses arrive 10 minutes later xD
foxd3sign
*higthrees* biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
tomorrow I'll go outside and make a nice snow pic biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.