Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can be a problem here mates!
The Luminarium > Community V3 > Social Lounge
Kuldar
Applications are restricted to me and i can't reply there, but I just wanted to warn you all, that my ESET NOD32 blocked application artist website, after i tried to visit it- so be careful! Application : http://forum.theluminarium.net/index.php?s...ic=7062&hl=
Smiling Demon
hmmm wacko.gif
Kilerden
I visited that site yesterday (and just now) and I got no warning. I'm using AVG.
Smiling Demon
I use AGV as well and get nothing.
Kuldar
Maybe someone has played a trick on him and added his site into a blacklist - don't know - i have never used avg, but what i can say is that nod has this double firewall and it's so good that i can't play games on lan if i don't turn it off. Anyway there is always a reason.
Mario Cavett
Panda Cloud catches everything I'm using it and it has no equal
get it everybody its free and it runs under windows so there's no
catch to using it. A Year ago I tested ESET and found major flaws!

I'll be mindful of this because it happened to me

So cheers everyone!
asoldier
QUOTE (Mario Cavett @ Jan 5 2012, 01:19 AM) *
Panda Cloud catches everything I'm using it and it has no equal
get it everybody its free and it runs under windows so there's no
catch to using it. A Year ago I tested ESET and found major flaws!

I'll be mindful of this because it happened to me

So cheers everyone!

I ran some tests on NOD a while back, and found it to be overprotective in most cases. From my tests, the effectiveness of AV suites:

Panda Cloud AV 72%
AVG AV 61%
AD Aware AV 53%
NOD 30% or <

There are a number of combinations you can use, but I recommend Panda and Ad Aware. AVG is too slow on most systems to be effective. By the time it's able to process, it is already overwhelmed.

As far as preventing site access issues, I recommend keeping your Shop Online & Banking protection switched off, unless you're actually shopping or banking online. Identity protection is ONLY useful when you're actually putting yourself in danger. The rest of the time, it's just a pain in the ***.

I can say I typically keep all but the basic functions of my AV/ Firewall switched off until I'm doing random surfing or using Facebook. This cuts down on confusion.

yarr.png

Stu Ballinger
Well this is a little strange . . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.